Specialist Health Visitor - Children
Specialist Health Visitor - Children
Specialist Health Visitor
Quality Locum Solutions are currently working with a Private Healthcare Organisation based in the Surrey area of Walton on Thames and are currently seeking a Specialist Health Visitor with strong experience of working with Children in the Community who have specialist needs. This role is for an immediate start
The post holder will be a member of the 0-19 public health team delivering an evidenced based and needs led service for children, young people and their families in line with the Healthy Child Programme (HCP). Supported by the clinical team lead, the post holder will carry continuing responsibility for the assessment of health needs, including the development, implementation and evaluation/audit of evidence based interventions. She/he will take responsibility for ensuring the quality and standard of care and delivery of a service to improve outcomes for children and families. The post holder will participate in delivering a universal core service, and provide targeted interventions, to address health inequalities, where necessary referring to specialist services. This role will also include safeguarding responsibilities, mentorship of students (pre and post registration), line management of a skill mixed 0-19 team and staff appraisals.
- Work as part of the integrated Child Development Service as part of a multi- agency team which includes medical and allied health professionals to provide expert clinical assessments, advice and support to children and families.
- Provide a specialist health visiting service to children with additional needs and their families
- Manage an individualised caseload and as the Lead professional and key coordinator for the family to work in collaboration with statutory and voluntary agencies ensuring that the child and family's needs are met in a timely manner.
- Deliver expert and culturally sensitive programmes on an individual or group basis to promote the health and wellbeing of children with additional needs and their families.
- Undertake comprehensive initial assessments and screening using the appropriate evidence based tools and equipment, and make appropriate referrals in response to identified needs.
- Facilitate and co-ordinate health promotion programmes in partnership with Statutory and voluntary agencies within established groups to Identify and assess deviations from normal health, growth or development in Children and refer promptly to, or mobilise appropriate services and resources in accordance with identified needs, local and National policy directives.
- Work within the service Safeguarding policies; participate in, and develop, early intervention initiatives designed to detect and prevent child maltreatment and neglect, attending relevant meetings and case conferences as required.
-.Be a registered Nurse (essential)
- Have a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse Qualification - Health Visitor (essential)
- Hold a current NMC registration (essential)
- Have a BSC/ Post graduate degree or equivalent (essential)
- Have a passion and or experience of working with children with additional/complex needs & their families
- Be able to assess effectively, manage risk and plan in an outcome focused way.
- Be confident in delivering and willing to improve upon effective direct work interventions with families.
- Remain focused on your own continuous professional development.
- Strive to share learning and collaborate with practitioners and multi-agency partners to achieve outcomes for children and their families.
- Be IT literate e.g. using clinical systems, word processing, email and internet use.
- Registered nurse (RN1)
- Health Visitor SCPHN qualification
- Current NMC registration part 3 register
- Nurse prescriber (V100)
·Excellent pay rates
·Flexible hours to suit your needs
·Mandatory training and additional Training
·Fast Track Registration and Compliance Process
Location: Walton, Surrey
Salary: Min £39per hour