Locum Band 5 Primary Care Ward Nurse
Band 5 Primary Care Ward Nurse
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE:
Registered Nurse / Ward Nurse - Essential Requirements:
- Must be Registered Nurse (Adult) Level 1 with Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and hold a valid, in date Personal Identification Number (PIN) and not be subject to any restrictions of practice.
- Must hold current, valid personal medical indemnity insurance.
- Must have a minimum of one year's post registration experience in a Band 5 or higher grade position.
- Must be in date for Basic Life Support (BLS) Anaphylaxis, Automated External Defibrillator (AED), Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and Safeguarding Children and Young People and Vulnerable Adults Level 2 training.
- Must be able to provide certificates of training/qualification/update, as undertaken within the last three years, and/or be able to provide proof of clinical competency of the same from a previous employer or Line Manager, who is a current and practicing GMC or NMC Registrant, for:
Evaluation of the deteriorating patient e.g. use of Medical Early Warning Systems (MEWS).
About the Role:
- Flexible & adaptable with a proactive approach
- You will join and become part of a multidisciplinary team, working within well equipped medical centres, dental centres or rehabilitation units where you will be valued as part of the Defence Medical Services team
- Deliver a professional & personal service at all times
- Ability to work alongside military personnel on Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force bases to deliver an exceptional standard of care for service personnel and their families (at some locations)
Nursing certificate and registration with the NMC with a valid UK PIN number
·You will require current NMC registration as a Registered Nurse.
·An ability to use a laptop to record and access patient information.
·Have worked as a nurse with ideally 2 or more years' experience.
·Ability to drive, with current full driving licence
·Good communication skills and work well in a team
·Competitive pay rates
·Flexible hours to suit your needs
·Free Mandatory and E-learning Training
·Fast Track Compliance Registration Process
My client is keen to get applicants for this role. If you have not worked in a community role previously, but may be considering a community nurse role, please do not hesitate to contact me with a copy of your CV.